Monday, February 18, 2019

Tattoos

This weeks blog I decided to change it up and do something personal. This past October, I lost two very important people in my life to a drunk driver. I have family out in Northern California and my cousin Hector was on his way home from work and went to go pick up my eight-month-old baby cousin from his parent's house. Her name was Camila and I never had the chance to meet her but the pictures I saw and the videos that were posted about her, made me feel as though I did.

So, on the way home from work, Hector was driving and a woman who was drunk swerved on the road and hit a road that crashed and hit into my cousin's car. It was a really hard time for my family, they were both fighting for their lives but unfortunates god had other plans. They were taken from us so quickly and shockingly that it took a huge toll on our family.

But as time went on the story of them never settled with me right and never meeting Camila hit me very hard. Which leads me to the reason why I decided to get a tattoo. Camila's name stood for flower, light, and purity. Also, her middle name was rose, I debated for a long time to get a rose tattoo because it seemed so fitting but I decided on another flower. It felt right to me and was symbolic of three flowers together.

The tattoo is behind my right ear, choose this placement because its hidden to most people and when my hair is up, one can see the design from behind and on the side. It isn't a huge tattoo but it's noticeable or at least I think it is. But nonetheless, it's in a personal spot that I will always have with me and I will always have Camila and Hector with me even when they aren't on this earth anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment

5 News Sources

New York Times I know there's always been a lot of talk about the New York Times and the "fake news" they spread but in a...